About this report
This report outlines the performance of the Australian Electoral Commission (AEC) for the financial year ending 30 June 2019.
The report meets the requirements of the Commonwealth Electoral Act 1918, the Public Governance, Performance and Accountability Act 2013, and the Public Governance, Performance and Accountability Rule for annual reports.
There are eight sections:
- Commissioner’s review—the Electoral Commissioner reflects on the year
- Overview of the AEC—the AEC’s role, functions and organisational structure
- Performance report—performance against the agency purpose and directions in the AEC Corporate Plan 2018–2022 with reference to the Portfolio Budget Statements
- AEC functions—the functions which deliver the AEC’s purpose and highlights of the year, including the 2019 federal election
- Management and accountability—information on the management and accountability of the AEC
- Financial statements—financial performance for 2018–19 including audited financial statements
- Appendices—additional information
- Reader guides—abbreviations and acronyms, glossary, index to the list of annual report requirements and a general index
Tools to assist readers
This publication has:
- a table of contents
- lists of figures and tables
- an alphabetical index
- a list of requirements
- cross references
- an abbreviations and acronyms section
- a glossary
Letter of transmittal
© Commonwealth of Australia 2019
Unless otherwise noted, the Australian Electoral Commission has applied the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International Licence to this publication with the exception of the Commonwealth Coat of Arms, the AEC’s logos, the AEC’s maps and content supplied by third parties.
Use of material subject to the licence must not assert or imply any connection with or endorsement by the AEC unless with express prior written permission.
The commission asserts the right of recognition as author of the original material. The publication should be attributed as Australian Electoral Commission Annual Report 2018–19. The term ‘Indigenous’ in this report refers to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people unless otherwise stated.
This report may contain the names and images of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people now deceased.
Produced by: Australian Electoral Commission
Annual report contact officer
Director, Resource Management Section
Australian Electoral Commission
50 Marcus Clarke Street
Canberra ACT 2600
Contact phone number: 02 6271 4648
Contact email: email@example.com
See the AEC website for telephone interpreter services in multiple languages.
Readers who are deaf or have a hearing or speech impairment can contact the AEC through the National Relay Service (NRS).
- TTY users phone 13 36 77 and ask for 13 23 26
- Speak and Listen users phone 1300 555 727 and ask for 13 23 26
- Internet relay users connect to the NRS and ask for 13 23 26