About this report
This report outlines the performance of the Australian Electoral Commission (AEC) for the financial year ending 30 June 2015. It informs all Australians – including members of parliament, political parties, interest groups, candidates, electoral authorities, government departments and agencies, students, teachers and the media – about AEC activities and services and describes the AEC’s performance against its outcome, programs, deliverables and key performance indicators in the Portfolio Budget Statements 2014–15.
The report accords with the requirements of the Commonwealth Electoral Act 1918 (Electoral Act), the Public Service Act 1999 and the Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet Requirements for Annual Reports.
There are seven sections:
- Year in review – summary of key developments and trends, including a review by Electoral Commissioner, Mr Tom Rogers.
- About the AEC – role, values, structure, outcome and programs.
- Performance reporting – work and achievements for each AEC program with key performance indicators over three years.
- Governance and compliance – internal and external measures of management, accountability and governance.
- Managing resources and assets – the AEC workforce, information technology, asset and contract management.
- Financial reporting – financial performance for 2014–15 including audited financial statements.
- Appendixes and references.
Case studies throughout the report highlight details of particular developments, activities and outcomes for the year.
Tools to assist readers
This online report features an interactive menu on the left of the screen. Place your cursor over the icons to see menu options. The AEC logo above the menu links to the AEC website. The home icon on the top right links to the report home page.
The previous page and next page links at the bottom of each page will guide you through the entire report.
Each section of the report contains an overview and interactive menus to assist navigation. Table links open each table in a pop-up window.
Readers who are deaf or have a hearing or speech impairment can contact the AEC through the National Relay Service (NRS).
- TTY users phone 133 677 and ask for 13 23 26.
- Speak and Listen users phone 1300 555 727 and ask for 13 23 26.
- Internet relay users connect to the NRS and ask for 13 23 26.
Telephone interpreter services are available in 18 languages
Produced by: Australian Electoral Commission
Project managed by: Katie Howe
Designed by: Tim McLaren
Website by: Ryan Bray
The term ‘Indigenous’ in this report refers to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people unless otherwise stated.
This report may contain the names and images of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people now deceased.